Tomorrow is patch day! The 1.2.1 patch is coming tomorrow morning and bringing in some very nice goodies with it. A few of the more general highlights include:
- Keep Upgrades: Claimed keeps can now be upgraded with a variety of additions and enhancements
- Ordnance: To counter upgraded keeps, attackers can now purchase more powerful siege weapons with a new resource, Ordnance.
- Combat Responsiveness: Combat will suck less… hopefully (Mythic has stated this in previous patches before yet it persists)
- Tokens: You can now receive tokens in RvR, allowing you to buy armor sets such as conqueror or invader! sweet!
- Special Scenario: A 6vs6 version of the Gates of Ekrund scenario will be added for players level 19-24
Overall, I like some of the highlights of this patch. The combat responsiveness is by far the biggest highlight for me. The current state of it is inexcusible, especially 7 months in now, and I really, really hope it is actually, for real, fixed this patch! I’m also excited about the tokens, I dislike Mythic’s endgame; I went to a city siege once, never again. I also find fortress takes extremely dull. Tokens now allow me to continue playing the way I enjoy (solo or small group skirmish) and still slowly progress in gear.
In addition to the highlights, this patch has a lot of extra goodies for my career, the shaman!
- Big Waaagh!: Reduced this ability’s cost, cooldown time, and range.
- Bleed Fer Me: Increased this ability’s damage.
- Brain Bursta: Increased this ability’s damage.
- Bunch o Waaagh: Increased this ability’s damage.
- Geddoff!: Increased this ability’s damage.
- Get’n Smarter: This ability will now also deal damage over time.
- Gork’s Barbs: This ability has been redesigned, and now has an
entirely new effect. It will now reduce incoming healing on the victim,
and damage the person who healed them.
- I’ll Take That!: Increased this ability’s damage.
- Life Leaka: Increased this ability’s damage.
- Scuse Me!: Increased this ability’s damage, and increased the amount
that the victim’s resistances that are reduced by.
- Shrug it Off: This ability has been redesigned, and now has an entirely
new effect. It will now place a buff on the target that will restore
their health if they fall below 15% Hit Points.
- Yer a Weaklin: Increased this ability’s damage.
- You Got Nuthin!: Increased this ability’s damage.
Buffs are nice I suppose, though I expect shaman will be a little overpowered after this; but we’re getting our mastery trees and mechanic adjusted the following patch so they can adjust us back down then. In addition to all these notes there is one bugfix I am extremely happy to see go live:
- Bright Wizard’s Playing With Fire: Fixed a bug that allowed the healing debuff applied by this ability to stack with other healing debuffs. Now, only the largest healing debuff will apply.
I’ve been burned by this a few times, most notably while trying to fight Vivx (BW) and Shinobi (SW), tough opponents who play well and would constantly double heal debuff me; with no healing and two ranged dps on me I quickly melt from shaman to fungus =p